Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We went to the National auto and truck museum and the Auburn Museum this morning. A short trip to Calles crankshaft factory for a free catered lunch.....tons of food. After lunch the plan was to drive 150 miles to Flaming River for a tour and a dinner tonight. We got about 70 miles from there and then Lonnie from IA car decided to die in the one lane construction zone right in front of me. I threw mine into park and jumped out to push him out of the way, then moved my car into the middle, by that time about 50 cars were stacked up behind us. Two more of our cars stopped, the rest were all in front of us. We spent the next 6 hours, yes 6 trying to get it to run. Finally at 7:30 we called a flatbed to take her away. We got his bags and stuff and went onto the motel 70 miles away. It is an ignition problem, will hardly run. Now the decision, go back and work some more or have his dad bring the trailer. You know my vote...no trailer! It will be up to him. It is 1:45 AM, I am going to bed.

1 comment:

guyncharge said...

If I had to choose between being broken down in a deuce on a busy road or sitting at a desk working, I'd pick the deuce any day. Good luck in getting the ignition straightened out in your friend's car. Dale, when I grow up, I want to be just like you. Steve