Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 1

We made it to Fremont NE tonite. It was a COLD day. I stopped in Montecello and put on a windbreaker over my Hoodlums sweat shirt, that helped alot. I got the electric blanket out in the cities, that helped even more. 60 miles before Des Moines it started to rain. If you drive fast enough you will stay pretty dry!I met barry In Des Moines at 12:30, pretty much on time. If it was not for the heavy traffic by Rogers to Hwy 55 I would have been on time. It took 3 hours to get to Lakeville....98 miles! I put the top on....turned into a "woosie boy", but a dry one.
As we left Des Moines to head west, I had no throttle, the pedal was jammed. After messing with the carb linkage we figured out the accerlator pump was jammed, I disconnected the lever to the pump and drove on....works every bit as good! Stopped at a NAPA, no acelerator pumps any where. I finally called hometown of Alliance, NE had NAPA order one from Denver, will be in tomorrow, I will put it in tomorrow night or maybe not, might just carry it along. It runs fine with out it!
It is still raining out now, should be clear in the morning, I hope so. It was a fun day.all roadster days are FUN! We will stop at Dale Boesch Hot Rods in the morning to check out his new projects and then onto Alliance for the night.
The radio stopped first thing this morning, I need to check that out, I am tired of hearing me sing, I miss my sirrus tunes.
Thats about all for tonight, talk to you all tomorrow. Dale

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dale,
Well, after a long day at work, I came home to see your first post. Looks like you are getting all the little glitches taken care up front on this trip. Hope the rest is all fun. Oh and by the way, we heard that Americal Idol was looking for you. Seems like the locals really liked your singing voice!!! Safe trip to you and Barry.
Wagsgal1 (aka Diana)