Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Cruise to the Quarry" MSRA event




Saturday was the first ever MSRA "Cruise to the Quarry" hosted by the Hot Rod Hoodlums of Central Minnesota. Lumpy and Terry did a great job of organizing and planning the event. The weather was cloudy and cool, but fine. There were almost 300 cars attending, a great feat for the first time ever. Cars from all around, will be interesting to see where they all came from. Moliters is a really nice place for the event, I sure hope it continues for more years.
The real highlight of the event for me was being nominated for car of the year with the RPU. That's right, now we have both new deuces in the running for car of the year, not sure if that doubled our chances or "halfed" our chances.....LOL. It is just a great feeling to have them nominated....two in one year and the Buick last year....WOW. Maybe I do need a "new project: for this winter and try again next year!! Just kidding.
I had favorite son in law Le and Cooper drive the RPU, we drove the 3w. I think they had fun.If I put many more event stickers on the windshield I won't be able to see out of the right side.

No comments: