Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New project

Since the B400 is done, I was getting nervous that I would have nothing to do. I can't stand to sit in the rocking chair on the porch, so I found another deuce to build. This time its a 32 fordor. Ebay is a dangerous place to hang out at.....found a body in TN, hit a bid and it said reserve met...you are the high bidder. Oops, I better look a little closer. LOL A few days latter my friend Terry and I was off to TN to pick the body up. It was a good buy. Already all blasted, so I could see everything. All the garnishes, firewall, two rear fenders, doors, regulators and most of the latches were there. They are a few bullet holes, dents, broken hinge pins and a little rust out in the lower cowl and the rear of the body. Sometime back someone lifted the body with a chain thru the door openings and bent both drip rails...thanks a lot !!
The  road trip went fine, 850 miles, arrived in the little town about 9 PM, arrived at the hot rod shop at 7ish the next morning, gave him a bag of hundreds, loaded the body and was gone by 9 AM on the road....arrived at home about 10 PM. We stopped for a Subway at lunch, gas  a few times, a drive thru burger, that was it.
A few days later I found a new chassis in WI for a good price, so another road trip to bring that home, that was just down and back in the same day. I found front fenders, running boards, rear fenders, floor boards, and rear frame horn covers.....ths time in GA ! That's 1300 miles one way.....wow. My friend Darrick called his buddy a trucker that goes to FL each way and got him to pick them up for me in his produce truck...that was a great deal, saved me lots of gas money and four days in the car. So now I most of the main parts, plenty of work to do for a while.
I am thinking of a Hemi for power, a friend found one of those for me in Hastings, MN, only 120 miles or so away, I will go check that out in a couple of weeks.



1 comment:

1947vert said...

All I can say is a rolling stone gathers no moss. You are definitely a rolling stone. Jim