Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday

Nice day today...hot but nice. We arrived at the fairgrounds before 7AM, took our chairs to the front gates and watched the "parade" of cars until about 10 AM. After a quick trip thru a couple of aisles of vendors we headed out back to the pros pick area. Some real nice cars there.A beautiful swoopy green rats glass coupe that had the top cut off to make it a roadster really stuck out, a roadster pickup with a GE refrigerator for a bed was really cool, a knock out red tudor deuce (it won hot rod of the year at Columbus) to name a few.
It was hot today...the reader board said 99 degrees at 3 PM. I spent several hours in the cold AC vendor building checking out the new products and the other stuff for sale.
I bought some parts that Ralph wanted...nothing for me, I think I need a new project!
Larry and I walked for many miles both days, my feet hurt, but it was fun.
I saw number 10300 on a window tag, also saw #1, Liz from Canada, and she won a door prize!
Tomorrow if I am lucky I will win that give away car.
See ya later.........................Dale

No comments: