Monday, August 4, 2008

Home again......for a few days

Made it to Rockford IL Sunday night...400 miles and a couple of antique stores, good thing we drove the "original" Wild Turkey....it holds lots of freight.
Woke up this morning to rain and thunder, we were gone by 8AM, drove out of the rain by Madison, WI, except for a couple of 5 minute showers. We arrived at home by 5PM. All went well. We drove 1800 miles, got 19 to 20 mph, not bad for a 4000 pound, big block 396ci chevy in a "brick" shape as far as areo.

I leave on Aug 14 to fly to Reno for the last of the Top less Tour. I found a room in Bonneville...good news, bad news is that I have to take it for 5 days and I will be there only two nights. Sure beats sleeping on the salt flats like I thought we were going to have to do. Any one want a good deal on a room for 3 nights?? Call me!

No comments: