Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Off to Salina

We woke up with light rain showers. Of all mornings to have rain! There goes the clean up and wax job on the Buick. We met up with our good friends Doris and Jerry Johnson at their place and then headed down the 2 lane to the south. Its always a great ride to Cold Springs and onto Olivia and Worthington...all non interstate roads. We did get on I29 towards Omaha, a nice 4 lane highway. We are spending the night in Omaha. It was a 400 mile trip, nice ride. Just north of Omaha, when I just passed a cop with a couple of disabled cars on the side of the road, we all got to the fast lane to give them room, I felt the gas pedal fall to the floor...I knew what happened, the cable fell off of the carb linkage. I costed to the side of the road. It was a funny feeling, the gas pedal falls to the floor and the car stops going!! I cruised to the side of the road, the good thing was all the traffic was in the fast lane because of the cop. I popped the hood, it was hot and screwed the linkage back together, it was hot also. Back on the road in a few minutes. We arrived at the hotel about 6PM, the outside temp was an even 100 degrees. Its to be the same or more tomorrow. We had a great dinner across the street at Brew Burgers, they had 2 for 1 beers....what a deal. It was a good day. Sorry no pictures today.

No comments: