Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recap of Des Moines

The plans were that we would drive the Deuce Delivery and Rodney would drive the RPU. I was checking the RPU over from the CA trip when I discovered why the roads seemed so very rough the last couple of days........the front mono leaf spring had broke in half!! That changed the Des Moines trip plans. I put it in the Deuce Garage and dug out the blue roadster..nice to have a
spare!! The trip was great, was a lot of fun to have son Rodney on a hot rod trip, driving a hot rod and not just riding with me. The highlight of the show was friends Adam and Big Ed B both winning awards. Congrats to both.

2 comments:

downunderdeuce said...

I was going to put a mono=leaf in my roadster...looks like I won't now, your the third guy I know that has broken one!

Adam Bateman said...

Just now getting caught up with your blog. Thanks for the kudos Dale. It was great seeing you on the road this summer!