Saturday, June 7, 2014

Friday...Goodguys CO show

We got up early and drove to the Goodguys show in Loveland CO. A beautiful day. A nice turn out, more than I expected for a Friday. We walked the swap meet. I found pair of Corvette valve covers for a GREAT price. Rex from Affordable Street Rods offered to take them to BTT50's for me...that will really help, my pickup is full. I saw quite a few friends from around the country, that is always great. We were the last cars out of the grounds. We drove back to Nancy's kids' home for a great BBQ and a good nights rest. We all decided to leave early instead of noon to head west over the Loveland Pass. We were on the road at 7AM. What a great ride up the pass, high banks of snow on the roadsides and at the parking on the top. I lost my brakes on the way up...the peddle was almost to the floor. After a quick look under I discovered the fitting in the right rear brake was cracked. I think I bottomed out and the axle hit the elbow on the brake line and broke the brass fitting. Its a IFF 3/16 to AN3.....there is not a parts house that will carry that. I refilled the master, turned the porportioning valve to go all to the front and headed down the mountain. The first town was Granby and right on main street was a NAPA store. He had a 3/16 IFF plug fitting...great, I plugged the line to the right side, rebled the brakes and it all works...brakes on 3 wheels....better than only 2 !! We made it to Silt CO for the night, had a great dinner and I am going to bed. Tommorow will be the longest day of the trip

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Dale, Granby is not at the base of Loveland Pass. You must have gone over Trail Ridge Road (again). I live at the base of Loveland Pass in Silverthorne.

Was the road that rough again this year? Sorry to hear about your brakes. Colorado passes are a good place to have brakes!! ;o)

Jim McNaul