Thursday, June 5, 2014

Made it to Colorado

The plan was to leave Grand Island, NE at 6:30 this morning. John walked to my blue roadster and found a puddle of gas. Under closer inspection I found it was the fuel pump...leaking right at the crimp of the body. Don had a spare one but would not match up with my lines. I found an O'Rileys a few blocks away on the Garmin, called them, they answered but said they were not open yet. After a little pleading from me, he agreed to let me in early. Randy drove me there, got the pump and had it on in a few minutes. We were on the road at 7:30. It looked like rain but did not get any until Longmont just a few blocks from where we are staying. We ran down I80 at 80, connected with I76 to Sterling, stopped for lunch there and took the 2 lane onto Loveland. Somewhere in Nebraska, Dave's windshield blew past the stops and pushed in....that woke him up. That happened when he was passing a truck....exciting for him!! We found a car wash after we registered and then went to the kickoff party at Pinkees rod shop. Always lots of nice projects there. We had a beer and a sandwich there and about 7 PM headed to Nancy's daughter's house to spend the night. There is enough room for all of us to stay here for both nights...really nice. Thanks Nancy!!

No comments: