Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Monday/Tuesday

I left Lincoln Monday morning for the drive to Cheyenne. The skies were a little cloudy but dry. Within 70 mile or so it looked like rain ahead. I checked the radar and it showed it just to the north of I80....but it sure looked like it was right ahead of me. I stopped and put on the rain poncho. I think that was the magic trick because it never rained a drop.......until I pulled into the hotel lot in Cheyenne! 400 and some odd miles, a good drive, a little warm the last 100 or so miles. It rained off and on all night. When I got up this morning it was still raining lightly. The radar showed it should be gone in a couple of hours. I only had 250 miles to drive today so I hung out until 11 AM to leave. The skies were beautiful and clear of rain clouds. The car did get muddy leaving the lot. I80 was more 2 lanes than 4 lanes west of Cheyenne. Lots of construction. Next year the road should be great! I stopped for gas somewhere about 150 miles from Rock Springs and found a car wash next door. A quick wash and the car looked good again. About 40 miles from Rock Springs it rained like I was driving thru a car wash for about 10 miles....10 long miles! I made it here, went to O'Riley's to buy some rainx!! The weather report for Salt Lake does not look good. I am not going to wash the car. It looks like several rain storms all day tomorrow. I am waiting for the Rolling Bones guys to show up. It is 6PM now. They are driving from North Platte NE....a long day for them...probably a wet one too.

No comments: