Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Monday/Tuesday/Wed

We left Holbrook early Monday morning for Prescott AZ. We had a great drive and arrived about noonish. Jack Linden showed us several local rodders garages...some real nice cars and projects. Texas Road house was the dinner spot for Monday. Some photos are on Facebook of the garage tours. Tuesday was more garage tours....several more great place and a great lunch at a Mexican place. Taco Tuesday....taco for $2 !! Tuesday night it was go downtown for dinner night. As we were driving down main street my real main leaf spring on my 1/4 elepitcal spring broke, dropped down and acted as a pole vault, jumped me up and crashed down. Damn!! I called Jack to help me out. He and four other friends came down with the truck and trailer and hauled me to his house. They called a couple of the guys that we visited and decided one of them could weld the spring in the morning. I was up at 5AM, calling Posie's in PA to order a new set of springs and had them shipped to the hotel in Pomona. I willchange them out at hme...hopefully NOT before! The guys had the springs welded and reinstalled by about 10 AM when we got there. I added a safety chain so if the spring should break again the chin will hold it up so it won't be the pole vault effect again. I also had to replace a tail pipe hanger. By the time we went to the parts stors and finished the safety chain it was time for lunch. There was 15 of us at Five Guys burgers...I treated...the least that I could do! We hit the road at 1PM and headed for Blythe, CA for the night. We arrived at the hotel at 5 PM...the outside temp was 115 degrees....it was HOT!! We all thought we were going to die. Drank water, had wet towels around our neck...it was HOT!! We cooled off and then ordered pizza to eat in the lobby. We did not want to go outside again. Tomorrow we plan to leave at 6:30...right after breakfast. Pomona her we come...a short 200 miles to go.

No comments: