Thursday, July 10, 2008

Columbus!!

I'm not sure how much I mentioned the heat problem with the car......it runs hot, at least the gauge says it does. We were discussing this in the parking lot while drinking beer last night. At midnight a couple of us decided to pull the thermostat, it was a 195 degree. At 1 AM I decided it was time for bed.
This morning at 6 I got up, filled the radiator with coolant, went to the car wash. At 8:30 we left for Spitzer Customs, the car ran at 190 the whole way, a short trip of 40 miles or so...all is good. The next stop was Brookville Roadsters about 140 miles away, still ran below 200...good. At 2 PM we headed for Columbus, another short 140 miles, the car started running hotter, got up to 230, we made a quick pit stop at a rest area, and set off to finish the trip, the temp went down to 210 and stayed there till the end. Its driving me nuts. It doesn't puke over, doesn't steam, or feel really hot, or tick like a hot engine does. In the morning I am putting a 180 degree thermostat in and see what happens. I wish I had an infra red heat gun with me. I think maybe the gauge is wacky.
Brookville was cool, tons of 3 windows and roadster bodies ready to ship and under construction. Still a 2 yr wait for a 3 window. If I order one now,.......hmmmm.
Tonight we were at the kickoff party at Hdqs hotel, fed us free food and drink, had special parking set up, a good time.

No comments: