Monday, July 28, 2008

Made it to Indy

Here we are in Indy tonight. All went well. Several stops at Antique stores and still made it 300 miles. The Wild Turkey runs and drives so nice. We did have to get the AC charged...it was ZIP and it was getting warm out. I must have a very slow leak, at least I hope it is slow.
We were at a little antique store, this guy came up to me at the car and was talking about his cars....(anyone want to buy a 51 Ford 4 door custom with a 302 ford for $5,000?)Anyway I say to him, since you live here is there some one who could charge my AC. He gives me this guys name and number, a street rodder no less, I call him, he says bring it in. He evac'd it, charged it and good to go, blowing really cool air now. I asked for the bill and he says go have fun in Louisville, just give me your cell number so I can find you there and use your canopy shade!! What a deal!
I will be sending him something in the mail when we return.
Tomorrow will be a long day.......65 miles to the party at T&T body shop, starts at 5PM. There is a BIG antique store the next exit down from it...we will spend a big part of the day there. I will be looking for 2 friends there, they called Sunday, should be a good time.
Dale

No comments: