Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Made it to Indy

We left about 30 minutes late this morning because I had another power steering leak. This time it took me only 45 minutes to fix it, the same thing as it was in Des Moines......a leaking o ring. The first time took us over 2 hours.
About an hour into the trip we lost Dennis and Becky in the 58 chevy to a bad carrier bearing on the drive shaft, they found help and caught up tonight. Also tonight Wes and Vivian Rydell drove in with the 54 chevy, they sent the 40 Caddy home to ND on a flat bed, and brought the 54 down on the same truck...nice to have spare hotrods!
Taylor, a young son of Lonnie from IA had to replace an idler arm and buy 2 new tires, but all better now. This has been a rough trip.
We just came back from a wonderful dinner with 1/2 price marqueritas ( I don't know how to spell that, even if I drank several). Anyway they were GOOD!!
We will leave at 8AM for the next stop, Spitzer Automotive.....makers of fiberglas and carbon fiber bodies
It was about 325 miles today, not bad.
I have my friend Jake in Columbus getting some parts picked up for me for a little repair on Friday, pays to have friends all over, I call the order in, he finds and picks up, we go to his place and do a quick repair. I am still running a little too hot. Will swap out the thermostat, repair leaking gas tank, and hopefully lower the temp of the engine.
It still has been a FUN time!!

No comments: