Monday, July 13, 2009

Catch up post

Saturday......a great day until the rain started. It poured for several hours. The drains backed up in the lot and we pushed several cars to higher ground. My friend Ron from NY with a very nice 32 highboy coupe, drank a bunch of water. When he tried to start it it broke teeth off of the fly wheel...could have been worse.Pulled the plugs, turned the engine over to push the water out and all is good. My car leaks big time by the windshield, its on the list to fix when I get home.

Sunday...a beautiful day. Clear blue skies. After a quick pass thru the vendor building, we headed out about 1 o'clock. 3 cars, Maki's, Johnson's and us. We spent the night in Lafayette, IN. It was a good day.

Monday.......We left about 9 AM. Tonight we are in Madison, WI. Johnson's went on home, so we are back to 2 cars, I had to re tighten the power steering fittings again. No other problems. We will leave at 9 in the morning and finish the trip. No rush...we are on vacation.

I found my AC leak, its the fitting behind the dash, the one you can't get to! I will remove the dash when I get home fix it so we can go to Kansas next week. Right now it takes a can of freon a day. I have made a small "to do" list to get it all set to go again.

No comments: