Monday, September 20, 2010

On the road again.....Monday 9/20

We left this morning, cloudy skies and drizzle until we stopped for lunch in Mason City, Iowa. Then the skies cleared and it got hot. It was 52 when we left Rice, 87 in Iowa. From sweatshirt to AC.
We took hwy 15 out of St Cloud all the way to Albert Lea and then hwy 65 south. 65 had good and bad areas, finally I got tired of the headwind and bumps in the road pulling me all over the road,I headed west toward I 35, We hit I 35 north of Des Moines about 60 miles and stayed on it until we stopped tonight in Bethany, MO. The days travels were 420 miles. Mileage was all over the board, it was 18 in MN doing 60mph on 15, dropped to 14 in the strong headwinds in Iowa. The car is running fine. Hopefully the winds will be less tomorrow.I have to decide the route tomorrow, I 35 to KC or try hwy 65 again.
I plan to stop at Pete & Jakes to pick up a couple of things I need, then on south to OK.

No comments: