Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday





We left this morning to drive the 40 miles or so of windy roads again to Rogers, then hit 71 north to Joplin, a short 120 miles.I dropped Elvis off at a large antique store and headed for Bob's I arrived at Bob Massey's "Metal Werks" shop about 11AM. He has some real nice projects in the works there.
A short time after my arrival, My Omaha friends, Doug and Karen showed up in their 32 5W coupe, they were on the way home also from Lost Pines.
I borrowed Bob's spanner wrench and adjusted my rear shocks about 2 turns, that really help the bottoming out problem. The last 300 miles was much better.
I checked out Wally's new 3w that Bob has been building, it was looking good. He is from Houston. I got a couple of ideas from that.
Then it was on the road towards home. Got as far as Bethany, MO, stayed there on the way down. Tomorrow will be another 400 miles to Rice.
FatJoe called today, I left the RPU with him last week for some work. He says it is all done. A new cab floor and tranny hump, installed the friction shocks and built the headlight stands that I wanted. I am excited to get home and check it out. He does such nice work. I will post some pics of it as soon as I can.

No comments: