Wednesday, December 1, 2010

more progress



Finally got the passenger glass in today for the last time. I ended up buying a new regulator, the new glass and after several installs, its in.
There is still a pinon leak, I replaced the seal, helped but not dry, in the morning its off to my machinists to have him modify the yoke. Its very pitted, so it will not seal. He will turn it down and press on a new correct size sleeve to cover the pitted area.
Lumpy is coming over at 10 to help bleed the brakes and install the windshield with the newest rubber seal.....the third one! Bob Drakes seals do not fit, I have a Dennis Carpenter one know, sent the Drake back for a refund, I ruined the first one trying to make it fit. At least they will take the second one back....$50, oh yea, Carpenter's is only $27 and it fits.
I am a few days late to the interior shop..............sorry Al. Hopefully by Monday.
I hope I have all the brake fittings tight no, I had to redo almost every one, leaks every where. When I do the RPU, I'm bleeding the brakes BEFORE the body goes back on.
check out the dark glass

No comments: