Sunday, June 19, 2011

Saturday/ Sunday




Two beautiful days at the roadster show. The weather was great, cloudy in the morning, sunny in the PM. Highs about 75, wonderful!! So many beautiful cars, tons of neat stuff at the swap, and many many vendors.
This year was a totally different layout, the vendors were inside the building, the roadsters were parked beside the building and in the main lot. A total different look, but a real nice change.
I saw so many friends, and made some more new ones. I just love doing this!
I had so many great comments about the RPU, really makes me happy that someone else likes it too. I always say, "I build them to make me happy, if someone else likes it too, its a bonus" There were lots of bonuses this week.
I had Dave Bell autograph one of his posters, nice to visit with him again. Gary from Cornhuskers (the guy that did the basis of the rpu) had some nice comments to share. I met a guy that was trying to buy it from Gary before I made the deal....lucky for me he thought too long. I am so happy I pulled the trigger while he was debating about it.
Hollywood Hot Rods, Old Crow Speed...two fabulous places. Too much fun!!
SoCal open house was awesome on Friday, had reserved parking in their lot....thanks Jim Landree. That is so cool. We visited the Early Ford store in San Dimas, unreal all the neat old Ford parts he has piled up. At noon it was over to Thumper's and Flo's for a BBQ at their house.......great people....and free food. BBQ, pop, water, margaritas and a delicious lemon cake...wow!!
Last night it was more free BBQ from the LA Roadsters, very nice.
Tonight I am in Chatsworth, CA with the Street Rodder tour guys, this will be a very fun next week.

No comments: