Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thursday/Saturday





Thursday I left the tour and headed to my hometown to visit my sister. It was a 500 mile ride. Going over the mountains west of Denver was exciting. Several miles of one lane construction. The elevation topped out at 11,000 feet, that's a long way up. The Johnson tunnel is about 5 miles long and all down hill, that was exciting. I hit Denver at noon, it was I70 to I76 across Denver, when I hit the far east side I stopped for gas and a quick lunch...and a breather. I was glad that part was over.
The remaining miles were uneventful, just cruised at 80 and clicked the miles off.

I arrived at my sisters at 4:30, she had planned a dinner for her family and me. Nephew Brad, wife Joan and their kids were all there. Nice to see them all. There was prime rib, salad, real mashed potatoes and a real tasty ice cream bar desert, those farm gals know how to cook! Oh yes there were never ending margaritas in my hand, thanks Joan!! She made that fabulous desert too.
Friday it was off to the car wash, time to get a million bugs off. Next I visited an old school buddy, Randy. He makes cowboy buckles, spurs and saddle decorations, real nice stuff.....but cowboy stuff.You can check him out at www.Randygarrettcustoms.com

Saturday morning I headed north and east. It was a nice day. It is 670 miles to home from there. I made it to Brookings, SD, about 470 miles, that's enough, found a good hotel with a bar and a cafe. In the morning I'll head for home...the last 200 miles.

My friend Dave from CA at speed in his 34 Phaeton
A few bugs
Mike, Dave and me in the Moab park
A chrome bumper buffalo in zgrand Junction

No comments: