Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Made it to the Nats

We had a very short 100 mile ride this morning to Louisville. Blasted down I 65 and was at registration by 10 AM. Lots of rods in the lot, saw many people I know and met a lot of new ones.
There was a guy that walked up and said I'm __________ I think he said Larry ...sorry it I am wrong, I know he will see this...said he was from Georgia I think,...if not I'm sorry again...He said he follows my blog all the time. I know he does beacause he said a few things that I had written several weeks ago....he knew I had worked at Walgreens......I did not even know I mentioned that on here before. That is so cool, that he reads this stuff I write and knew all that I do....so cool!! I  wish I new his name for sure.....it just blew me away. When you read this, email me at thedeuceguy3@aol.com and tell me again your name and state. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
I was asked by some saftey inspectors if I would consider staying Sunday, they wanted to pick my car for the saftey rep pick for their division...then I would go to a special parking on Friday and all the saftey reps would vote on their favorite car, they felt I would have a very good chance of winning on Sunday. So lets see .......clean up the car even better, have to display the car Sunday in awards area, stay here until 3 PM to receive the award........or leave late Saturday and head to Des Moines , arrive by 5 PM on Sunday and meet with the" Rolling Bones  Hot Rod Circus" on their way to Bonneville from New York, drink some beer  and visit with my friends......such decisions!!
The show officially starts Thursday...we will get there about 8, the Minnesota guys have a big tent set up already, so we have a place to  park I think. I'm looking forward to the vendor building to do some small part shopping. See ya later.

No comments: