Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday......

After three fun filled days at the Nats....I'm on the road again. I left about 2:30 and headed for Bloomington, IL 350 miles. I will drive the last 300 miles to Altoona tomorrow.
The weather was just great....80's and sunny. I walked for miles checking out the rods and many miles inside checking out the parts at the vendors. I purchased several things for upcoming builds and made some good notes for the other parts I need for later.
Today I met up with Josh Bolles and his mom and dad. Josh went to Bonneville with me a few years ago.He was 18 at the time, that was in 2006 I think.. Such a great young man. They always stayed at the same hotel that we stayed, knew him since he was a little kid. Sure was good to see all of them again.
It was real good to be back at the Nats...saw so many friends that I only see here. Maybe I will join up again and go again next year?? This show has its own persoality, different than any Good guys or the 50's...a real unique expierence. Lots of people rent big tents, have them installed in the lot, park under them or just hang out under them. I know several guys rent the tents, then rent a spot to who ever wants to park there. Many are just groups of friends that all chip in and all party there.
I saw a guy that I met in LA this year, actually he saw me, called me over to talk and invited me to move the RPU over with them, that was really great. There were some really outstanding cars in that group....mostly deuces...of course!!.
There were about 10,000 cars registered. I left before they gave the car away, this year it was a full fendered deuce roadster...really nice, one of the nicest giveaways ever
. The vendors are just overpowering...so fun to look at all of their stuff. The new product area was pretty cool too.
Tomorrow night I will meet up with the Rolling Bones at the motel in Altoona, Iowa. That's always fun. I should arrive there about 3PM. I plan to cleaan up the car, maybe wax it, touch up some rock chips and then wait for the circus to arrive.
that's all for tonight.

No comments: