Sunday, August 11, 2013

Getting close

It won't be long now......I'm in the hotel in Mpls, will catch the flight to South Carolina at 5:15 in the morning. I am to arrive in Charleston at 10:30, friend Bob will pick me up, go the bank, get the cash, go to Wilson's house, make the deal, check the car over and start the journey home.  I plan to get to Charlotte Monday night. My friend Greg from Wisconsin is with me. We will stay at another friends place tomorrow night. His name is Henry Dana...hot rod builder for many years, inventor of Dana Red, the most beautiful shade of red ever. I met Henry in 1977 at the "Back Door Nationals" in St Paul. I lived in NM at the time, he lived in Florida. He drove a deuce sedan delivery, I was driving our 46 Chevy delivery. Henry happens to be Greg's brother-in-law too. Small world!!
I hope all goes well in the transaction...this whole deal is a little strange....I hope to post tomorrow night on the day's activities.

3 comments:

1947vert said...

Hope the car is exactly what you want. Can't wait to see the pic's and hear about the journey. Jim

1947vert said...

Hope the car is exactly what you want. Can't wait to see the pic's and hear about the journey. Jim

downunderdeuce said...

you'll have to extend your show-room soon!....How many more deuces to fill the collection now....haha