Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monday/Tuesday

We got up at 3AM, caught the shuttle at 3:30 and the plane at 5AM. I got to Charleston right on time...10:30. Almost missed the connection in Charolette...was having a snack and almost missed the plane..as we were walking up to the gate, the lady said hurry up we are closing the doors!! oops!
I called new friend Bob, he came to the airport and picked us up, took me to the bank to get the money and onto Wilson's house. All went fine there, I paid him, we hotwired the fan and drove to Bob's house. At Bob's we checked the oil, bearings, air in the tires....took care of it all, checked out his two rods and hit the road by 2PM...right on my schedule. It was off to Mooresville to meet friend Henry Dana and Greg's sister.
Henry has an awesome shop, roadster, 5W and a pickup under construction. The shop is full of neat stuff and magazine covers framed of the cars he has built over the years. What a great time...sitting in Henry Dana's shop, drinking beer and talking cars....don't get much better!! Henry has been my idol for years. His next door neighbor is rebuilding a 5W that he has had since 1967, good neighborhood to live in.
Greg's sister made us a great dinner, pork, carrots, corn, and rice a wonderful meal
. It was hot and humid to me. When we left Charleston it was 95 and very humid....I was drenched, i cannot take that kind of heat...Henry kept saying "What are you going to do when it gets hot?".....I said I will be in Minnesota by then!
After a great cool shower, I hit the bed and crashed...a great nights sleep...I needed that. We had breakfast at a little cafe this morning and then hnit the road. We made it to Nashville, TN only 400 and some miles. We stopped at Greening Auto Works to see Jessie and dad Jeff. A  real neat shop with some killer projects going on.
The fordor was everything I expected and then some. It rides and drives GREAT,,,one of the best rides ever. We were cruising 75 to 80 most of the way. The GPS shows top speed was 87. Drives great. The AC does not work, he told me that upfront, probably just freon, we opened the windshield and rolled down all 6 windows and we were fine. I hate the megs on the exhaust, they will come off when I get home. The dash is not my favorite look, but I'm getting used to it. Maybe I will change it maybe not. The door latch spring is broken, he told me that about 12 times......I will fix that when I get home. It sits nice, drives nice, I'm happy. Lots of thumbs up as we pass other cars
  

1 comment:

1947vert said...

Sounds like a nice car but no pic's of the fordor? JIM