Friday, September 14, 2007

I left KC at 7:30 headed for Willow Park TX (west of Ft Worth). 560 miles and I made it at 5:30. Straight down 35 at 75 MPH...took a few breaks for gas, lunch and to stretch. I was getting sleepy in the hot afternoon sun. Charlie was waiting for me, and his Aussie friend Greg too. We went out to a cajun cafe for dinner....good!
This morning we left about 9 AM met up with one other deuce, a black sedan, Charlie drives a black 3 window, later about noon another black sedan from OKC caught up with us. We are now the "black deuce club"
We ate lunch in Mineral Spgs, a little home town cafe...awesome food. About 3 PM we took a short side trip to Luckenbach Texas (looking for Willie, Waylon and the boys).....funny thing as we pulled into town (pop 3) my radio jumped from golden oldies to Roadhouse Country!! We had a nice cold beer , took some photos, listened to a couple of guys sing and strum.......fun time. Two Baptist church buses pulled in as we were leaving....???? wonder why? All that is there is a gift store, and a big beer joint! A fun place. Another thing that I can cross off the list...done that!
We arrived at the hotel about 4:30.....about 30 deuces here already, now a bunch more have arrived. I already saw friends from Colorado, and a friend from West Texas that I have not seen since I moved from there 30 years ago...really cool.
Its about time to go eat and have a beer or two....will write more in the morning.

No comments: