Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Well I made it to Kansas City about 6 pm, Overland Park to be exact. I left about 8 AM, had a good drive, hit traffic at 494/94 for a few minutes. I made several gas stops, lunch, and a couple of breaks, no reason to kill myself, had plenty of time to get here.
As I arrived here the next exit up was pretty jam packed, I got off at the right exit!!
The mileage is looking better, it ws almost 17 each time. Gas ranged from a high (in MN) of 2.84 to a low of 2.69 in IA, most of the time it was 2.75, high but better. I drove 507 miles, another 500 + tomorrow to get to Willow Park, TX.
When I left it was a chilly 36 when I got here it was probably 80...nice and warm. Weatherunderground.com shows dry any mid 80's for the weekend...good!
No free food yet....got a free hotel room instead....those hotel point clubs pay off!
I'm on the south side of KC so traffic should not be a problem in the morning. I will stay at Charlie's house tomorrow night.

See y'all soon (gotta talk Texan)................................Dale

No comments: