Saturday, September 15, 2007

What a great day today, about 100 Deuces in the lot, all nice, all drivers. Saw my old friend from Odessa, Tx,Ronnie Smith, have not seen him since we moved away in 1980! Norm is here, I bought the #42 tudor from him, he wants me to stop by his place Sunday afternoon to see a new project...a 4 door! Hmm. Three cars fom Colorado that I knew. Tom Prufer is here in his roadster, he lives here now. Scot Ingram from Austin, he tow bared his blown 3 window behind the 5 window. Rick Love and George Packard from Vintage Air. A really neat flat black roadster pickup...cool.
I brought a bag of key chains and some buckles....sold out!! We just hung out in the lot today, "talked deuces". The delivery has been a great hit...best comments of the whole summer, tons of great comments. Joe is here in Lonnie Besser's blue 3 window, I talked to him for a long time.
There is a dinner tonight. Awards in the morning and over by noon. I will go to Norm's in Austin and then stay with Charlie Sunday night in Willow Park. He has a pickup for sale. Hmmm. I will leave Monday AM and head towards home. I have been invited to stay in OKC with a deuce friend (black chopped tudor)might do that, then KC next night ? There is a "deuce open house" in Joliet, IL on Thursday night, before the Goodguys show, that could be fun and then come on home Friday. So many decisions.

Talk to y'all soon. (this Texan talk is contagious).........................Dale

No comments: