Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ft Worth tonight

`I got up this morning, tightened the exhaust bolts, that helped a little. The gasket is gone. I stopped at Advance Auto, picked up 2 new gaskets. While I was there I noticed their tools were all on 65% off sale, they are changing brands. I needed a 3/8 drive swivel for the exhaust bolt so I bought that, a couple of screw drivers and a complete 3/8 drive set in a box, that was only $10, will be good to just leave in the Vicky for the trips. Made in China...but then everything is any way.
I was on the road by 9:15.....540 miles later was at Charlie's house.I arrived at 6:45 PM. He lives west of Ft Worth. It was a good drive, a little boring, straight down I35.
At the last gas stop, north of Ft Worth, a guy was pulling out to leave as I was turning in waved,.... I found out tonight that he will be driving with us in the morning. (He drove his tudor last year with us.) He called Charlie, said " I just saw a red Vicky at the gas station, Charlie says that must be Dale....I can't hide any where!!
I changed the gasket tonight, all better now, I hate that leaky noise!
I packed the back seat with some deuce club stuff that would not fit in Charlie's
3W, so we are set to go in the morning.
We will meet at 8:30 some others and head south to Kerrville. It will be a short and senic 300 miles.
I will post tomorrow when I get to Kerrville. I am tired, ready for bed.

No comments: