Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kansas City

Well I made it to Kansas City, about 2 hours later than planned but I am here. Just after I filled with gas in St Cloud, I noticed the ammeter was pegged at 30 and would not back off. I did some checking, found a loose ground cable, tightened that but did not help. I stopped in Becker, found a little repair shop, had him check the alternator and the battery, all was fine, he said just ignore the gauge. That's hard to do. I left and keep driving,then I discovered the fan oeveride switch was on, the fan was running, I shut it off and the amp gauge returned to 10 like it should. Then in about 30 miles it was back up to 30. The fan was on, would not stop, so I just unhooked the wires! The it went to 10 and stayed there. That whole episode go me behind a about 2 hours.
I called John when I hit KC, got directions to the bar, it was 5 exits before where I am staying...perefect. I drove in to a lot with several hot rods and customs. This is their weekly club meeting night, get together and have dinner and a beer. Saturday they are hosting a "Relibility tun" sort of a shop tour thing with a party at the end. Too bad I will be in Texas.
I developed an exhaust leak, I will check that in the morning, it was too hot tonight and then it go to dark, I am sure it is just a tighten the manifold bolts thing.
I might stop by John's shop in the morning before I leave, he owna an auto repair shop...Audi's only called Volkswerks.
As I drove by the town of Clear Lake, IA, the radio was playing a Buddy Holly song. Buddy died in Clear Lake in a plane crash in 1957.....spooky!
I will be in Ft Worth tomorrow night. Talk to you all then.

No comments: