Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Home Again

I left KC about 8 AM this morning, had a nice drive altho a bit boring, I35, 70 to 75 mph all the way. Drove into a strong headwind most of the day, kinda killed mileage.
I decided I would get gas in Des Moines, just outside of the city, I was in the hammer lane and the car stalled, I headed for the right side of the road to the breakdown lane, must have sloshed some gas to the pickup tube and it came back to life. Whew! I took the next exit, University Ave, I knew there was a station there from the summer trips, made it to the station and filled up with 13.4 gallons! I thought it was a 12 gal tank.
I arrived in St Cloud at 5 PM met Elvis for dinner and was home by 7, feels good.
This weekend we are taking the Deuce Delivery to Rochester area for Minnesota Hot Rod Hardware "last fling" on Saturday and then the Rochester club's fall run on Sunday. Should be a bice weekend and good fun. I think there will be 6 cars going from here.

No comments: