Thursday, September 13, 2012

Getting ready for the RodFathers tour!!

Sunday I will be leaving to join the Andy Brizio's RodFathers tour going to the Indy Goodguys show. I wanted to do a couple of new things to the RPU. First is a new air cleaner...........I used an vintage stainless steel cake cover, thanks to Ebay!! Notice how it matches the hub caps! All I needed to do was to remove the handle and drop it on. It's so neat when plans come together. The second thing is the addition of aluminum foot pads for the floor. I had these made at Phoenix Machine in Wisconsin. Mark is the man. I sent him a card board pattern in the size I wanted and bingo, they showed up in the mail today. If you need any custom machine work done I strongly recommend him. www.phoenixmachine.com I had these planned for the new B400 but decided to have him make a pair for the RPU too. Its made from 1/4 inch aluminum, he made pockets into the base 1/8th inch deep, this holds the rubber mat flush with the base. I cut the rubber mat and insulation out in the size of the plate, drilled eleven holes and bolted it down with #8 stainless bolts...another quick touch. If you look close you will see I still need to glue the surrounding mat down, I'll do that in the morning. Sunday morning I will leave at 8AM to drive to Des Moines to meet up with my good buddy Dave and his new purple Deuce roadster and with buddy Ron and his 3W coupe from Florida. We will then drive to Lincoln, NE for the night and meet the other 100 hot rods from California at the Speedway Mueseum. This gonna be an awesome trip. To find more info check www.rodfathertour.com on that site there will be daily updates and videos of the trip. I will blog each night also.

No comments: