Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday

I woke up to cloudy and drizzle skies. I had planned to leave around 9AM, I finally left at 10:45. The sky had dried up for the most part. I headed up the back roads, county 1209 and onto state 95 to get me to Temple, TX. Then it was I35 north all the way to OKC. I got here about 6:30, found a room at Knights Inn...what a switch, last night it was the Hyatt Resort, (regular price of $249.00) and tonight its the Knights Inn at $34.99. Talk about a roller coaster ride! LOL !! About half way here I glanced at the volt meter, it showed 0 ! No charge at all, after a quick panic, I thought, can't be, I just took a break and the car started fine, its been running all day, has to be a lose wire on the gauge. After about 40 more miles I found a rest area, pulled in, reached under the dash and yep, the little brass nuts were loose. I tightened them up and the needle jumped to 14, I didn't even turn the engine off, just reached over, tightened them, stuck it in gear and away I went. It was a good drive here, 410 miles or so. In the morning its off on I44 to Tulsa, Joplin, MO then north on 71 to Pete and Jakes. I want to show them the bat wings and get their thoughts on why they broke. I plan to spend the night at Dave's in Dse Moines, thats the plan anyway. Going down the highway, people pull up next to me with their camera out the window, so I decided I would do the same, I would grab my camera and point it at them.....HA. They would laugh...doesn't take much to entertain me.I will add some photos of the bronze foundry sculptures, really neat. One is a bigger than life horse and wagon and a model T, the horses are about 12 ft tall. Its going to a park in Tulsa, OK next week. Also a pic of Charlie "Deuce Duran", and my new friend "Fordor Jerry"

No comments: