Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day.......Texas!!

Well I changed the alternator this morning in about 15 minutes, that seems to fix the problem. This was a long day, I left about 8:00, no problem, the first 200 miles were fine. The last 300 was in pouring rain, about 50 miles into the rain the wiper decided to crap out, so I drove with out wipers. It was too wet to use rainx, so I just drove.I arrived at Charlie's house about 8 PM.
I think every idiot in Kansas and Oklahoma was on the road today. They are all afraid of the turn lanes, right or left, seems they get the front wheels in the lane but keep the rear of the car in the driving lane! The others turn out of a side street into the first lane right in front of me and poop along at 40 mph. Their friends drive in the inside lane with the cruise set at 45 or 50 and can't pass anyone so they block the road............maybe I was just tired today??
Lola the GPS gal guided me from KC off of I35 and onto 169, nice road mostly 4 lane but not interstate, some 2 lanes. I could still cruise at 70 or so until the idiots would get in front of me. It was a good route.She did good.
Someplace in Kansas, at a gas station, a guy came over to talk about the car. He said there was a guy in town that builds 32's, but glass ones. I said close? he said about 4 blocks, want to go? I said yes. We drove to see him, a place called Southtowm Street Rods. Nice shop, 2 big buildings, had 2 corvettes and a 57 Chevy truck under construction. In his garage across the street was his 32 3w coupe, black with flames and his roadster. Nice cars, nice guy. That whole thing cost about an hour, but oh well.It was fun.
I had the Sirius radio blasting country music all day,have to listen to country in Texas right? The car ran good. The rain sucked! The day was good.
WE packed the back of the delivery tonight with boxes of t shirts and stuff for the run. We will drive to Austin tomorrow to meet with Maurice and Bea, stuff some goodie bags or something, spend the night at their house and then onto Kerrville on Friday.
I am on Charlies computer tonight so I cannot add the photos. If I can use the laptop tomorrow, I will post so pictures. If not when I hit the hotel I will.

Stay tuned.talk to y'all tomorrow ! (Texas talk)

No comments: