Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday/Tuesday

I got to Hot Springs Village about 2 PM.after a 500+ mile trip. They live in a beautiful gated community, right on a golf course.There is 30,000 lots there and only about 7,000 built, full of trees, big lots, cannot hardly see any homes because of the trees...nice!! He took me over to an area of metal buildings, full of project cars being built by other guys that live there. It is their "private toy box". Nice place. I had a great time there, a fantastic meal last night, and many hours of talking about Walgreen memories. He has been my friend for 40 years, my boss for many of those years. He retired 22 years ago, beat me out a long time ago.
I woke up to a flat tire, I feel I got the screw in my tire from the u-turn I made on his street by a new construction home, the head of the screw was not even scratched up, so it was not in there long.
We took the tire for a patch and then I left at about 11 AM for Kansas City. I arrived here at 7PM, got a room (at LaQuinta) and found a great little tavern for dinner. I drove 485 miles today. I stopped at Pete & Jakes, got there after closing so just took a picture and drove on.
Monday I drove by Hope, AR, home of Bill Clinton....I did not stop or take a picture there!
It has been two great days. I will leave in the morning for the final 500 miles.

No comments: