Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturday/Sunday

Saturday was a great day, weather was beautiful. One hundred Deuces were there. They were from Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, and of course Texas and Minnesota. The day was spent in the parking lot visiting with the Deuce owners and checking out their rides. Many many nice cars.
Saturday night was the banquet and awards. A great meal, roast beef, chicken, fish, salad, veggies, pasta dishes, and some awesome desserts.
At the awards I came out pretty well. I won "Long Distance" and "Hard Luck". I was a little embarrassed to get the "hard luck" trophy. They all felt my Alternator failure, wiper motor failure in the 300 miles of rain, losing two bolts from the header collector and then burning out the gasket was enough to earn the award. I also won a door prize of two 6-packs of Dr Pepper pop in glass bottles. It is special Pepper, made with Cane sugar and only made in Dublin, TX! Many Texans were jealous that I won that.
Sunday morning at 8AM, six of us drove out to Jeff's home to view his "Deuce Stuff". He has three 4 doors, a 3window, 5window, a tudor, about 15 sets of fenders, several hoop tops and sides, running boards, bumpers, over a dozen grille shells and inserts and a bunch of other parts......wow!
Charlie decided to stay in Kerrville later to visit his friend, he offered me to go ahead to his home and stay there, make myself at home, I also had a offer from Paul Fort and his dad to spend the night at their place in Weathersford. I thought about both offers but decided to go to plan B and drive towards Arkansas and spend the night at the LaQuinta in Tyler, TX instead. Didn't make sense to drive northwest and then in the morning drive back east towards AR. I left about noon and arrived in Tyler at 6PM. Tomorrows trip will be only four hours now.
I offered to make two trophies for next years event. I picked Best coupe and ladies pick. I already have them all planned, I will make them as soon as I get home so I won't forget!! The offer was the least I could do after taking home five awards in three years, time for some giving back.
I will attach a few photos of some of the cars there.

No comments: