Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Made it home!

We left Madison this morning after watching the weather to see that most of Minnesota was in a severe storm watch...oh good!
We stopped in Osseo, WI for an early lunch (Doris Johnson recommended it) the Norsk Nook...speciality is homemade pies. The big problem was which pie to order. Boy do they make awesome pie there.
At Eau Claire we headed north on 52 towards Cameron, WI and then was going to go left towards Cambridge, MN on 95. As we were driving towards Cameron the sky got darker and darker...lightning stikes in the sky.....I decided to make a UTurn in one of those "No Uturn" lanes and headed back to 29 and over to I94...will go thru the twin cities after all, the sky was lighter that way.
Just north of the cities on Hy 10 we stopped at a red light and the car died....and would not start. I jumped out and pushed it off to the side, thankfully a guy behind ran up and helped me push. The battery was dead. I emptied the back seat, removed the back cushion to get to the battery, I had a new spare battery in the trailer and a set of jumpers, hooked it all up, fired it up and drove home. I worried about the battery before I left, had it checked at CarQuest and they said it was good. I still put the spare in the trailer just in case. Glad I did. It would not start in the drive way either, but now in the garage and all cooled down it starts with the old battery ?????
We got home just in time to hear the tornado warning for Rice. That storm soon blew over...we were home safe and sound.
Monday morning it is off to Salina KS in the Buick.more fun.

No comments: