Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday

We drove to Springfield, OH to visit Early Ford Store. A short 60 mile drive down the 4 lane. We got to tour their place, I was eyeing all those deuce fenders stacked up on the top shelf in the warehouse.
From there it was a short drive to Mershons World of Cars, a classic car dealership. Dan the owner has eight 32 Fords at his house, my kind of guy.
As we pulled up, I noticed antifreeze on my hood sides, upon opening the hood, there it was, the water pump was leaking big time. I suspected it a couple of days ago, but could not tell for sure then. I even had a couple of other guys look at it. Well today there was no doubt. Dan came over to see my deuce and saw what was going on. He said, pull around back, the guys are in the shop, we can replace it right now. He was feeding us a pizza lunch today, he said go to the showroom and have some pizza, when you are done the car will be ready! Well it was not quite that quick, but it was done quite fast. I did go back to the shop to help. While we were all there, they replaced a voltage regulator on Chad's Nova also. He was charged the same ridiculous price that I was charged.......zero!! Did not even charge for the pump.
We continued our short 50 mile journey to Columbus to register. My entry number is 4052 and this is Thursday. This is always an awesome show. Keep in mind all the cars here are rods,customs, and the new fad of protouring muscle cars, There are NO stock cars here...all are modified. The quality of cars here is outstanding.
We drove to headquarters hotel, parked in our special parking for "cruisers", ate our free BBQ and drank our free beer.........life is good!!

No comments: