Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting for the TopLess Tour 2012

Next Thursday is day one of the TopLess Tour 2012 Edition. I plan to change the gas gauge sending unit before I go, otherwise I think it is ready to go. My Dad and Granddad owned and operated a truck lines called Live Wire transfer. This was in the late 40's. When I was building the RPU I had thought of having lettered on it "Live Wire Transfer", at the time I could not decide where to do it. The other night I woke up with a neat thought. Letter the name on the side cowl blisters. I called Cliff Anderson of Stripesnpipes in the cities and he agreed to do it today at my friend Ed Belgrgens house/garage. So this morning I was off to Richfield. It is to rain the next few days and like I said I am leaving on Thursday, so today was the day. The sky looked bad here and I did hit some rain in Elk River but when I got to Ed's house it was dry and sunny.Cliff showed up right on time and went right to work. At noon Ed and I went to lunch at the Frenchman's with all the other Acme Speed Shop guys. Thats always a fun time. When we returned Cliff was done. While at lunch I ran into Twin City Roadster member Jack McNearney. We discussed agin about meeting up in Denver to drive onto LA together. That will be great, all my other "hook ups" went sour. I am excited about driving with Jack. Check out the picture of the blister with the new lettering....I really like it. Cliff is a great artist. It will be neat to have the name on the car when I go to my hometown in Nebraska next week. I doubt if many or even any people will "get" the name, But I will know what it means. I will be posting each night of the trip, as long as I can get internet service, feel free to post comments on the blog, I like to read them, but never enough of them. Hey Gary and Al, I'm talking to you too. LOL Dale................"
a cold wet day in a roadster is better than any day at work"

No comments: