Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Some good progress today

This morning I rolled the body outside and fired up the sandblaster. I had chemically stripped the body before but left the door jambs, edges, belt line and window frames. Those areas still had the old black paint that was put on who knows when. When I finished the body I set it up on the firewall so I could do the same to the bottom. When that was done I shot it with DP90 epoxy primer, that will keep it dry and rust free. When the primer had dried I sprayed Lizard Skin on the bottom of the floor. That will help with sound and most of all heat. Since this car will have rubber mats instead of carpet the insulation will be on the botto
m side of the floor. Wally from Walts Rod and Custom called to let me know the quick change rear that he was doing for me was done. I had painted all the pieces before I took it to him. He put in the new ring gear and pinon, all the bearings, seals, set the back lash and all. It is pretty much like new now. Looks good too. Next I need to remove 4 or 5 leaves from the rear spring then I can bolt on the backing plates, add the hubs, wheels and get the chassis up on all four wheels. The next step will be mating the 5 speed to the flathead and drop it in, add the firewall, radiator, grille shell and the headlight bar with lights..will be looking good soon.

No comments: