Thursday, May 31, 2012

On the road to LA

I left this morning at 8:30. A perfect roadster day, temp was 66 degrees. A sweatshirt was all I needed. The drive went well. A little south of Cold Springs, on highway 23, I was following a big truck, we were meeting another big truck, when a canadian goose and her little ones decided to cross the highway....bad timing. Both trucks hit some of them, feathers and guts everywhere, I ducked and kept going. I arrived in Pierre, SD, my stopping place for the night about 5 PM, took a little longer than planned because of a long visit with a guy at a gas station in some little no name town, nice visit and I had no real schedule. I arrived at the Super 8 motel where I had reservations. I checked in, received my room key....guess what room number....232. How cool is that?? There is a Mexican place next door, so that will be dinner, won't even have to drive anywhere. That's it for today, not much excitment, thats a good thing

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Drive safe- will see you in LA

Unknown said...

Dale,drive safe and have a great trip. Looking forward to more updates.

downunderdeuce said...

Funny you had to "duck" for a "goose".....I have another week yet before I head to LA..see you there somewhere.