Thursday, September 19, 2013

Made it to Indy

I had a  wonderful homemade dinner last night at Greg and Cindi's, all of the kids and grandkids were there too. A truly nice evening.
We left this morning about 7AM in the mist. Highway 53 was closed because of a wreck so we had to detour thru town, that killed about 40 minutes. We finally got on I94 and headed for Madison. The rain started about 40 miles from Madison...came down fairly hard for a while, I was getting wet but we kept going and we drove out of it. The sun came out and iot was warm...very warm. The sweatshirt came off and the t shirt was just right.
We met about 2:20 in Le Roy, Ill with Dave and Barry. Gassed up, had lunch and back on the road again. We just missed a shower, the roads were still wet
. Somewhere around Crawfordville I lost a rear hubcap...damn!! I changed caps for this trip. I took the cast aluminum ones from the B400, repainted the V8 black...looked really nice on the black RPU. At least this time I didn't loose the car over the cliff. LOL!!  I didn't stop, I heard a funny noise, looked in the mirror, saw nothing. I found it missing at the next gas stop.  Oh well, just part of driving the hot rod...it could be in a trailer and have no fun at all.
We missed registration cut off at 6PM so will register in the morning. We made it to the LaQuinta, checked in and had dinner across the street. A great meal...shrimp scampi.
Total miles today was about 560 miles...a good day. The forcast says rain tomorrow so we will see...might get a free car wash. No pictures today...sorry. I did post a few on facebook from my phone......you can check those out on my page.

No comments: