Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday

Well the short 200 miles and arriving by noon today did not quite work out. I discovered a brake fluid leak in the rear right side...I checked it out and found the line was loose. I tightened it up but the brakes were not too good...again!!
Also Greg's rear tire started to slow leak last night, we use some silicone that I had on the spoke that was leaking but that did not work. We aired his tire, bought me some brake fluid and off we went. We had to stop in 50 miles and air up his tire. We used a can of fix a flat but that did not help...in fact it made it worse.  I stopped at a muffler shop and borrowed a jack to get under my car and top off the fluid.
We stopped somewher,e found a Mr Tire store......thought we were going find a tube...no luck. I decided I had to bleed the brakes again...they would not let me do it and wanted 100.00 for them to do it and they had to drive it on the lift not me.......I declined and left. We called a guy in the fellow pages and went to his house....Bleed the brakes and aired the tire again and away we went.
We could hear the air leak now...its getting worse!!
About 50 miles down the road we stopped and checked the tire...it was still 35 lbs!! it sealed!!
We had lunch and away we went. As we hit close to Baltimore there was a 18 wheeler wreck that had traffic stopped for miles...took forever. We hit the belt way at 4PM...rush hour...crawled for the next hour...stop and go. Now I know why I don't miss the east. We arrived at the hotel at 5 PM. Checked in and had dinner. I will clean the car in the morning and bleed the brakes one more time. No pictures again....camera is in the car not in the room. Last nights would not load, sorry I will get a bunch on here hopefully tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every day has it's challenges. The good thing is you know how to handle a lot of situations. I would have drove off also. A $100.00 bucks to just basically add fluid to the master. That's a rip. He just wanted to take the rpu for a tear! The main thing is your having fun! Now for some more pictures!