Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Rodders Journal Revival

My box of hubcaps were at the front desk when I checked into the hotel,  thanks to my wife Elvis.l....Barry was waiting there for me. I now have my nuts covered...one side has Ford caps the other side has the cast Aluminum V8 caps.
Greg's girl friend Cindi brought a spare wheel with her on the airplane...good thing because its leaking again.I was ntr yet happy with my brakes so after we went to a car wash, I found a little repair shop and talked them into letting me use some ramps so I could get under the car and re bleed them again...success. They are now real good. Greg went back to the same shop and had his wheel switched and then shipped the bad wheel back to CA for repair. The wheel was leaking again before the change out.We figured out what probably happened.....when he was on the drag strip and chirpped the tires, the sticky track surface held the tire and the spoke let loose.....another reason not to do burn outs...at least not when you are 1000 miles from home.
We went to the kick off party Thursday night at Fells Point. That is right downtown Baltimore on the street by the pier. A beautiful setting. We were there by 2PM, got a nice parking place and had dinner at a great little bar. I cannot describe the beautiful setting, especially after dark when the street lights lit up the cars. Check my face book page for some neat photos.  I still can't get photos to load here.

Friday morning was a 55 mile cruise ti Havre de Grace thru the back roads, what fun. We had lunch and drove back. There were probably cruise 100 cars...that's a cruise!!
Today at the show was awesome Some fabulous cars, mostly hot rods....some customs, nothing newer than 60 and mostly 30 and 40's...real hot rods. My kind of cars, most were traditional. black steel wheels were the favorite wheel. I think there were 3 rods with big billet wheels...really my kind of rods.
I saw so many friends....a great time.
Sorry about the photos, when I get home on Wednesday I will post pictures from my other laptop.

No comments: