Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

We left at 7:30 to head to the Fairplex for the Roadster show, the reason we did this trip. What an awesome show, free entry, free dinner Saturday night, a pewter mug, and they all thank you over and over for coming.
A quite large swap meet, always full of neat parts and cars, not garage sale junk like most are. Several hundred roadsters, and several hundred other rods. Many vendors. This is a FINE show. I saw a 32 sedan delivery for sale for $200,000. I like mine better! A knock your socks off 32 3 window for $150,000 ...wow!
I saw many people that I knew, Gary from Cornhuskers, Norm Jones from Texas, Billy O and Chris from CT to name a few. We had to purchase T shirts, and other trinkets from the show. We walked the swap meet, new vendors and the roadsters, tomorrow I will check out the "other" rods. We also went to the NHRA museum that is located on the fair grounds. It is always different every year. This years HIGHLIGHT was the restored "Ala Kart" the AMBR from 1958 and 1959. I have always wanted to see this car, finally! One more thing I can cross off my "bucket list" That car is down right beautiful!!
We got back to the hotel about 5PM went swiming to cool off and over to Friday's for dinner and a beer.
One more really fine day.

No comments: