Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday

I could not get on the net last night, $100+ room and no go, tonight a $50 room and works great!
Anyway, we are tonight in a little mountain town in Northern Cali.I forgot the name. This morning we visited Brizios, talked with Roy and Bill Ganahl there. I met Bill last year on the Americruise. A great young man.(Pat Ganahl the hor rod journalist is his father) I counted 11 employees at Brizios and at least 20 projects being worked on. Bill was working on Eric Clapton's latest, a 50 Ford shoebox.
Next door we stopped in to say hi to Donna at Sanderson Headers, always a pleasure. We then drove over to see the Rodders Journal world headquarters, not much going on there, the latest issue was mailed last month and the next just went to the printers last week.
It was a cool morning as we drove over the Golden Gate bridge, then hooked a left up and up and up to the top of the hill, what a view, and then a one lane road down the other side, WOW! We were stopped a a 5 minute red light, really, it is just outside of a one way tunnel,when 2 guys from the car behind us ran up to take a photo. they were from the UK, north of London. I took a pic of them shooting us, they laughed. We have seen so many foreign travelers on this trip, I guess they are trying to help our economy!!
I dont remember what we did Monday except drive and it was COLD. Sweatshirt and a windbreaker over that.
Tomorrow we head for the Redwoods, I am going to find that tree that you can drive thru, I remember it from when I was 5 years old, last time we missed it, not this time!

1 comment:

guyncharge said...

Dale,

Your trip sounds fantastic. I've been considering cutting the roof off the '39 (again) just so I can join you guys. I liked the SoCal photos. It looks like there was a wide variety of cars there.

You're doing a great job on your blog. I try to pretend I'm with you guys by printing your blog and then reading it while sitting in the '39. Somehow, I don't think it's the same as actually being there.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Steve