Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday


We got up to a very cloudy and cool morning. We headed towards Bend, going over the mountains by Mt Hood was downright chilly. Mt hood is such a pretty sight, looks like a painting. We stopped at a HAMB friend's house and fellow roadster owner in Bend, OR. He has had his roadster forever, a real pretty car, purple with black fenders and a FORD engine. A 260 like I have in the 5 window, except he bought his from Carrol Shelby, showed me the invoice. Cool! I was drooling all over the car, and it is for sale too, (I could always use a full fendered one.)He has over 300,00 miles on it, rebuilt many times, looks like new still.We had a nice visit with Don and his wife, "DeuceDaddyDon" on the HAMB, Don Thomas in real life. He has a great hot rod history, past Pres of the LA Roadsters, drove with Dick Scritchfield, another LA Roadster member,(now living in Hawaii and owns a cool phaeton) showed me several magazine articles, I wish I couls have stayed longer.

From there we headed north east to Bakers City to spend the night, that was about 200 more miles. All went well, had a great day.

No comments: