Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday

We woke up to no hot water in the room, boy a cool shower will open your eyes quickly..but the internet connection worked great. It was sweatshirt weather, then by noon as we got close to the shore it was time for a windbreaker too.
My goal was to find the drive thru big redwood tree....well we found two and drove thru both of them. We drove thru very pretty country and really smooth roads, even the construction was smooth. Lots of very windy hilly roads, really cool to drive. We did see one Toyota that crossed the center line one curve and lost her front wheel, fender and smashed the door by a 18 wheeler, that happened just minutes before we got there...oh well it was just a Toyota!
I got to see Paul Bunyon and Babe the blue ox, giant statues about 50 feet tall, I saw them when I was 5 years old, that was over 40 years ago....oh yea, maybe more like 58 years ago, but cool to see....again. (check the newest slide show for pics)
We made it to Grants Pass OR about 5 PM, found a hotel and a local brewery/steak house and had dinner. A great day..............but then they all are if you are in a roadster cruising!
In the morning we will see Bob Drake reproductions and head on north.
I will make another slide show or two and send out tonight.
Steve, I have a hacksaw, I will help make that 39 sedan a roadster this winter, just let me know when.

No comments: