Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday

We left Vegas at 8AM headed north thru Nevada into Utah. We drove thru Zion Natl park, Bryce Caynon, Dixie Natl Forest, real beautiful country but a real long day. I think it was over 500 miles but on 2 lane roads thru the hills.
We stopped for lunch right before Zion, a guy walked over to me and said" hi Dale", he is from CT, lives about 10 miles from where I lived...but... I just met him 2 weeks ago In Indiana at an antique store. We talked there for an hour or so, he is camping and kayaking here. Its a small world. I was in the 46 Wild Turkey in Indiana, I had showed him a photo of the roadster only !
We are in Utah tonight, did not make it to Moab, we all were tired, found a hotel, had dinner and it was 9:30 PM.
I should be in Colorado Springs tomorrow night. I will stay with friend Vern, he has Wed planned for us, mostly a local speed shop full of old Ford parts. Thursday I will head for Pueblo.

No comments: