Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday






Another day in paradise!!! Clear blue sky, 80 something a light breeze and a big bunch of roadsters. We arrived at the fairgrounds about 7:30. We headed out to walk the vendors and the roadsters. We had several vendors to see and was nice to talk to them before the crowds arrived.
At 10 AM John and I took the trolley to the NHRA Museum. Always a neat place, always changing. This time it was a tribute to Mickey Thompson. Also the Jackman Bros deuce sport coupe was there ( a favorite of mine from the 60's) and the Dago Deuce that belongs to Richard Munz from Madison, WI. It is the full size car that matched Stanley Wanlass' bronze sculpture which is a 4 ft long bronze, just so cool.
John had to leave at 11AM to catch his flight back to CT. I am on my own the next four days. I will miss his company and his navigational help. Its just Me and "Lola" the GPS for the rest of the trip.
At noon I went to the LA Roadster lunch room again. Another fantastic lunch and you got it, it was free food! Thanks for the extra perks Jim!
I am staying in Ontario again tonight. I thought a good nights rest would be good. I only have 460 miles and 3 days to get to Reno. I will drive half way tomorrow then continue on Tuesday.

No comments: